In August, Xiaomi finally refreshed its line of tablets, releasing the Mi Pad 5 in three versions at once. Information comes from China that the new devices are willingly bought there and they break sales records. On September 15, the global premiere of the Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 will take place and whether it will become a successful tablet outside of China is anyone’s guess.
It is logical that much will depend on the price tag for Xiaomi Mi Pad 5. One of the stores in Belarus has already announced the price tag for the tablet and shot a short unboxing video, as confirmation that it will sell tablets. So, Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 will be available in a version with Snapdragon 860 and 6/128 GB of memory at a price of $ 480. For comparison, for a similar variant in China, they ask for $ 310.
Not a bad rise in price. No one doubted that outside the home market, Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 would be sold for more than in their homeland. $ 170 is quite a decent margin, but this does not mean at all that in other countries the same will be asked for the tablet.
On a pleasant note, outside the Middle Kingdom, Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 will be supplied with a complete charger, while in China it is sold without a charging adapter. But accessories such as a stylus and a keyboard cover will have to be purchased.
XIAOMI MI PAD 5 AND MI PAD 5 PRO SPECIFICATIONS
- 11-inch (2560 x 1600) WQXGA 16:10 display with 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, HDR 10, Dolby Vision, TrueTone True color display, Hardware-level blue light reduction, TUV Rheinland low blue light hardware scheme certification
- Mi Pad 5 – Up to 2.96GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 860 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- Mi Pad 5 Pro – Octa-Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X (LPDDR5 in Pro) RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 8GB RAM LPDDR5 with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage (Mi Pad 5 Pro 5G)
- Android 11 with MIUI 12.5
- 13MP (50MP 1/2.5″ sensor in Mi Pad 5 Pro 5G) rear camera; 5MP depth sensor (Mi Pad 5 Pro only), 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Mi Pad 5 Dimensions: 254.69x 166.25mmx6.85mm; Weight: 511g
- Mi Pad 5 Pro Dimensions: 254.69x 166.25×6.86mm; Weight: 515g / 518g (Mi Pad 5 Pro 5G)
- USB Type-C audio, Dolby Atmos, 4 Speakers in Mi Pad 5, 8 Speakers in Mi Pad 5 Pro
- 5G SA / NSA, 4G LTE (Optional), Wi-Fi 802.11 ac / ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz); Bluetooth 5.0 (5.2 in Pro), GPS / GLONASS / BeiDou / GALILEO / QZSS, USB Type-C
- Mi Pad 5 – 8,720mAh battery with 33W fast charging for 0 to 100% in 91 min
- Mi Pad 5 Pro – 8,600mAh battery with 67W fast charging for 0 to 100% in 67 min