After months of emergency lines, Cyberpunk 2077 has begun offering new free content, including a new look for Keanu Reeves.
For diplomatic reasons CD Projekt is unlikely to announce that Cyberpunk 2077 has been ‘repaired’ or ‘completed’ but the new 1.3 patches have reached a milestone, in that instead of simply removing the bugs and adding new content – albeit just a few cosmetics.
The episode is described as the largest to date and its most important development is to adjust the minimap and give you the power to reset and apply Perk points to the skill tree.
According to CD Projekt, they have now reached a point where the game is efficient enough that they can start offering the free content they promised before launch, starting with a new car, two new jackets, and a new Johnny Silverhand looks for Keanu Reeves character.
How to get the new Cyberpunk 2077 DLC
This car is called the Quartz Bandit and there are two ways to get it. The first is that Rogue offers you free after you finish Ghost Town if you haven’t made a plan for Panam Palmer’s revenge and Nash Bane is still alive.
If Nash Bane dies Dakota will offer to sell the car to you, although he will only do so a few days after the wish is finalized.
Jackets – Multilayered Syn-Leather Deltajock and Luminescent Punk – are also new rewards for existing requirements, and even if you already have them in your store, you will be provided with them automatically.
Specifically, you will have to complete The Ride requirement, after which you will receive a message from Viktor that will put them in a stash in your apartment.
You do not need to do anything special to get the new look of Johnny Silverhand, just go to the settings menu and you will find the option under additional content.
Patch 1.3 should be released ‘soon’ and you can read all the patch notes here which, if given the litany of game bugs, are very long.
This cosmetic addition is similar to the free DLC released by The Witcher 3, which includes items such as extra hair and weapons.
The Witcher 3 also has an important, paid news extension but so far there has been no indication that this is the case with Cyberpunk 2077.
In fact, it is still unclear what the CD Projekt will do if the bugs of Cyberpunk 2077 are no longer a major problem, with their multi-player or spin-off systems having changed many times.
Cyberpunk 2077 is getting its biggest patch soon, Patch 1.3, and it’s another big one – with countless bug fixes and updates aimed at improving the knowledge of all players. In addition to the improved performance of “last-generation comfort and low-performance equipment,” this update also introduces the first beats of the DLC in Night City.
- Johnny Silverhand’s Unique Appearance – can be enabled in the settings on the “Additional Content” tab.
- Multilayered Syn-Leather Deltajock Jacket, Luminescent Punk Jacket – both found in stash in V-flat after receiving a message from Viktor after finishing The Ride. With exceptional / Iconic quality by default, Crafting Specs for high quality performance will also be unlocked.
- Archer Quartz “Bandit” – available as a reward or purchase (depending on the player’s choice) after finishing Ghost Town and receiving a message from Dakota or Rogue. If you have not yet received the message, make sure you are in the Badlands area and away from the Dakota workshop. Dakota will also need a few days to contact you.
Improvements, Ability, Perks and More
- Improved the zoom level of the minimap while driving, to make it more scalable and easier to use.
- Automatic Love – A screen with pictures of Skye and Angel will be displayed for a long time, making it easy to choose between the two.
- A button has been added to allow the redistribution of Perk points to the character’s tree of knowledge.
- Increased number of autosaves slots from 10 to 20 and quick save from 3 to 10 across all platforms.
- Database links added to Journal entries.
- Added the access point center screen dots feature to help reduce / avoid motion sickness. Can be enabled in Settings → Visual connector → Screen dot center center.
- Fixers will now send a V to offer a car that you will buy more often.
- Improved the Screen Space Reflections effect to make it look smoother on the consoles and lower viewing attributes on the PC.
- Added object filter to Backpack.
- Query tags from Job’s mixed items will now be removed after completing the related requirements, allowing them to be sold or discarded.
- It is now possible to rotate V in Inventory with the mouse.
- Players will now be able to make a quickhack even if they once designed and discarded it.
- Added tip tool for cyberware comparison tools.
- Improved notification when purchasing cyberware and not meeting the requirements for standardization.
- It is now possible to develop art pieces in bulk.
- New Nibbles accommodations have been added to the V-flat.
- The icon in the dump bag will now turn red when the player takes the body instead of gray.
- The mine icon is now about to turn gray after being fired.
- It is now possible to use the elevator while holding the body.
- We’re Happy Together – Barry now has an updated, very different look.
- The basic thing will now be highlighted in green as other items if it is in Inventory where the same thing is made of better quality.
In addition to the above, there are hundreds of additional changes and requirements updates, which you can find in the full forum notes here. Although the NPC and enemy AI have not been fully developed so far, things like “NPCs will no longer respond by bending over all guns” and “Traffic vehicles will now roar after hitting the V” are the right approach.
In the future, the odds are that the next big patch for Cyberpunk 2077 will be the next big update for the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X. Hopefully someone will also come with a lot of fixes – but also a big pay-per-view on the game side.